King of Prussia, PA – Overnight lane restrictions are scheduled on Route 41 (Gap Newport Pike) from the ramps at the U.S. 1 Interchange to Route 10 (Limestone Road) in London Grove, Londonderry and West Fallowfield townships, on Sunday, June 24, through Thursday, June 28, from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM, for milling operations as part of an improvement project to repair and resurface 40 miles of state highway in Chester County, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area because slowdowns may occur. The contractor’s schedule is dependent on the weather.
State highways completed under this resurfacing project include:
• Route 52 (Lenape Road) between Route 926 (Street Road) and Creek Road in Pennsbury, Pocopson and Birmingham townships;
• Route 82 (Doe Run Road) from east of Tapeworm Road to Strasburg Road in West Marlborough and East Fallowfield townships;
• Strasburg Road between Route 372 (Valley Road) and Route 82 (Doe Run Road) in Sadsbury and East Fallowfield townships; and
• Chadds Ford Road/Creek Road between the Delaware state line and the Delaware County line in Pennsbury Township.
Additional state highways scheduled for resurfacing under this contract include:
• Route 472 (Hickory Hill Road/Market Street/Lancaster Avenue/Lancaster Pike) between Freese Road and the Lancaster County line in East Nottingham and Lower Oxford townships and Oxford Borough;
• Saginaw Road between Route 472 (Hickory Hill Road) and Big Elk Creek in East Nottingham Township;
• Cypress Street/Baltimore Pike/State Street from west of Thompson Road to west of Mill Road in New Garden and Kennett townships;
• Route 352 (North Chester Road/Sproul Road) between Route 3 (West Chester Pike) and U.S. 30 (Lancaster Avenue) in Westtown, East Goshen and East Whiteland townships;
• Northbrook Road between Brandywine Drive and Route 842 (Unionville Wawaset Road) in West Bradford and Pocopson townships;
• 5th Avenue/Elm Street/Black Horse Road/Black Horse Hill Road between Business U.S. 30 (Lincoln Highway) and Caln Road in the City of Coatesville and Valley and Caln townships; and
• Faggs Manor Road between Route 926 (Street Road) and Route 41 (Gap Newport Pike) in Londonderry Township.
Under this improvement project, PennDOT is milling the existing roadway surface and repaving the state highways with new asphalt. The new pavement will seal the roadways and provide motorists with a smoother riding surface.
Allan A. Myers, LP, of Worcester, Montgomery County, is the general contractor on the $7,959,000 project, which is financed with 100 percent state funds from Act 89, Pennsylvania’s Transportation Plan.
Work on the entire project is expected to be completed in October 2018.